Gang member sentenced to life by DeKalb judge

Officials from DeKalb County District Attorney’s office said investigators used clues from a trio of suspects’ social media accounts to arrest three men allegedly connected to a murder, one of whom recently received a life sentence.

William Moore-Earvin of Stone Mountain was sentenced to life without parole plus 45 years in prison after being convicted of murder and related charges stemming from his alleged involvement with the “Drug Rich” criminal street gang, according to officials from DeKalb County District Attorney’s office.  

A news release states that the 26-year-old learned his fate during a sentencing hearing before DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams on Sept. 9.  

DeKalb County jurors returned guilty verdicts against Moore-Earvin in August on charges of murder, felony murder (three counts), armed robbery (two counts), aggravated assault, and weapons offenses in connection with the shooting death of 19-year-old Andrew Miller

Officials from the district attorney’s office said the incident happened on July 6, 2020, at the Ashland Pine apartment complex on Walden Walk Circle in Stone Mountain. DeKalb police officers reportedly responded to the location on a “person shot” call. Upon arrival, police said they found Miller on the ground unresponsive from a gunshot wound to the chest.

The news release states that emergency personnel attempted to render aid, but Miller died of his injuries at the scene.

According to the investigation, the victim and a friend were at the location to purchase a handgun from the defendant and to sell a rifle to him. After a meeting in the breezeway with Moore-Earvin and two other men who were with Moore-Earvin, Miller returned to his car to retrieve the weapon he was selling.

The news release states that Miller fired several demonstration shots into a tree before the weapon jammed, and that Moore-Earvin then turned his gun on victim Miller and his friend and ordered them to “give it up” before shooting Miller in the chest.

The news release from the district attorney’s office states that a search of the suspects’ social media records revealed videos of the trio celebrating at Moore-Earvin’s apartment hours after the shooting. According to the news release, the victim’s gun, stolen from the scene, was spotted on the floor of the defendant’s apartment in one of the videos posted on social media.

Moore-Earvin was arrested on murder charges 10 days after the crime. Co-defendants Emmanuel MannyDawson and ArthurFazoHarriet were arrested a short time later for their roles in the crime. They are both currently awaiting trial, according to the news release.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *